Pin Computer to Taskbar Windows 7
How to Pin Computer to Taskbar in Windows 7. Windows 7 offers a feature called Pin to Taskbar that allows you to drag and drop or right click items and Pin them to the Windows 7 Taskbar. However, some items, particularly those that are already a part of another pinned item, cannot be pinned. For example, since Computer is a part of Windows Explorer, Computer will not Pin. To fix this, we simply need to create a new shortcut that can be pinned.
How to Pin Computer to the Windows 7 Taskbar:
- Right Click on your Desktop and Select New >Shortcut
- Type %windir%\explorer.exe shell:MyComputerFolder for location and then click Next
- Type My Computer for shortcut name and click Finish
- Next, from your Desktop, Right Click your new My Computer Shortcut and select Properties
- Click Change Icon
- Under Look for Icons in this file, type: %SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll and click OK
- Next, Select an Icon to use for My Computer and click OK, then click OK again to exit
- Next, simply drag and drop the My Computer shortcut you just created to the Windows 7 Taskbar to (Pin my Computer to the Taskbar)
That's all there is to it. You can use the same procedure to Pin any Item to the Windows 7 Taskbar.
You can delete the shortcuts you create from the desktop once they have been pinned.
I recommend checking out the Windows 7 Shell Commands List if your looking to create other shortcuts to Pin to the Windows 7 Taskbar,