How to Remove Antivirus Security
Antivirus Security is a (fake) rogue anti-spyware program. Often contracted from popup advertisements on sites pretending to be online anti malware scanners, the visitor may encounter fake security alerts saying your computer is infected and you should download and install Antivirus Security to fix the problem. If the visitor decides to download and install the software, it will scan your computer, summarizing and listing all sorts of security risks that cannot be removed unless you proceed to purchase the program.
This fake Antivirus Security may also install a shortcut labeled Protection Center in the Control Panel. This is a false Windows Security Center that will say you have no Antivirus protection attempting to direct you back to the Antivirus Security homepage where you can download and install the software.
If this looks like what has happened to your computer, read on to learn the simple solution to remove this fake Antivirus Security once and for all.
Removing Antivirus Security (Automatically)
- Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software
- Run the software and perform a simple scan to detect and remove Antivirus Security
Note: Although the Malwarebytes tool will remove this threat for Free, if your existing Antivirus solution let the threat through, I highly recommend Purchasing the Pro version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for live protection and future malware threat prevention.
Removing Antivirus Security (Manually)
- Delete the following flies from your computer:
- %UserProfile%\Desktop\Antivirus Security.lnk
- %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Antivirus Security
- %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Antivirus Security\Antivirus Security.lnk
- %UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Antivirus Security.lnk
- Click Start > Run, type regedit and delete the following registry entries:
If all goes well, this Fake Antivirus Security should now be removed from your system.