How to Fix Vista MBR | Repair Broken Vista MBR
The following simple solution explains How to Fix Vista MBR. Knowing how to Fix a broken Vista MBR (Master Boot Record), can be very important. Especially if you have installed GRUB or modified the current boot loader, rendering your Windows Vista Operating system unbootable. The entire Vista MBR repair process is fairly straight forward and requires only an original Windows Vista installation DVD containing bootrec.exe to repair the broken MBR.
How to Repair or Fix a broken Vista MBR:
To Restore Vista MBR, please use the following simple solution.
- Start your computer from the Windows Vista Installation DVD
- Press a key when prompted to continue
- Choose your language, time, keyboard and click Next:
- Next, click "Repair your Computer":
- Now, from the System Recovery Options dialog, select the "Operating System" you want to repair, then click Next:
- From the "Choose a Recovery Tool" dialog menu, select "Command Prompt":
- Type the following into the "Command Prompt Window":
- Remove the Vista Installation DVD and restart your PC.
If all goes well, this process should have enabled you to restore your Vista MBR and you should now be able to boot back into your Windows Vista Operating system.