How to Disable or Turn Off WordPress Post Revisions
In the following simple solution, I show you how to turn off or disable the WordPress Post Revision feature. Although I enjoy the look, feel and new features of WordPress 2.6, I simply find the WordPress Post Revisions to be entirely annoying. I've seen this feature wreak complete havoc on some great post ranking plugins and don't want to ever risk posting duplicate content. Because of this, I have disabled the WordPress Post Revisions feature on many of my blogs. You can too, here is how I did it.
How to Turn off WordPress Post Revisions:
- Login via an ftp client to the folder containing your WordPress site
- Copy the wp-config.php file to your desktop
- Using a text editor (I prefer notepad++), open the wp-config.php file
- Before the closing ?> tag, add the following line of code:
- Save the file and upload it to your server, overwriting the old file
That's all there is to it. Now when you edit a post, a revision will no longer be created. However, automatic saving is still fully functional. Check out Remove Existing WordPress Post Revisions if you need to remove post revisions that have already been created in the database.